Bible Bowl Updates
What is Bible Bowl?
Bible Bowl is a quick recall program started in 1963 where students compete over their knowledge of scripture. A selected book or books of the Bible is determined as the text that season. A team competes against another team over a selected segment of the text in a 14-minute game; the team with the most points at the end of the game wins!
Who can play?
A team is comprised of up to four players in either 3rd through 5th grade for Beginner Bible Bowl or 6th through 12th grade for Teen Bible Bowl. A team sponsor (a parent or other adult) will have practices with his or her team weekly in order to guide the students in their weekly reading and studying habits. During the game itself, a quizmaster will lead the game by reading the questions to the players, while the team sponsor will either keep score or keep time.
- Encourages students to read the Bible consistently
- Offers scholarship money to Christian colleges at the summer tournaments
- Teaches helpful study, memorization, and test-taking skills that can be applied to other areas of life
- Builds teamwork and sportsmanship
- Fosters a mentoring relationship between student and sponsor/coach
- Connects students throughout the region and nation with other like-minded students
- Gives students a competitive outlet in a Christian atmosphere